Village of Hinckley

Proud Past, Bright Future

Permits, Licenses & Forms

All permits, licenses, and forms can be obtained in person at the Village Hall.

Village of Hinckley Clerk's Office
720 James St.
Hinckley, IL 60520
(815) 286-3836 (phone)
(815) 286-3651 (fax)
 Don't forget to get your construction permits BEFORE you begin construction or the fees could double!

 Permit Application

The Village of Hinckley's permits and inspections are managed by B&F Construction Code Services, Inc. Residents will interact directly with B&F to have questions answered and inspections scheduled. 
A paper permit application can be provided at the village hall or printed from links on this page. Applications must be submitted to the Village of Hinckley via e-mail at or in person at the village hall. Payments for permits can be made by cash, check, or via payment card on our epay page. If you have any questions regarding permits (i.e. whether or not you need a permit) please contact the Clerk's office. 


No person or business shall operate as a mobile food vendor or fixed point vendor without first having obtained a vendor license from the village. All mobile food vendors and fixed point vendors shall apply for a vendor license for a calendar year commencing May 1 of each year to operate within the village.  Please see the following link for additional information.

Mobile Food Truck/Fixed Point Vendor


The attached application is for Peddlers, Solicitors, Canvassers and Itinerant Merchants.  Applications must be dropped off in person with a photo ID presented at the time.  It may take up to 20 days to approve the permit; however, it is usually much quicker. 

Please contact the Village Hall should you have any questions      (815) 286-3836

 Zoning Variance Application

To formally request a zoning variance, please print and fill out the Zoning Variance Application provided below.

**Note: This is a general application, some fields may not be pertinent to your request**